2020-07 July – Cannabis Update for the Board 2020
Cannabis is one of the most difficult industries to understand with the myriad of state and federal laws. During this program, we will review updates to Cannabis laws as well as potential pitfalls that arise when working with customers in this industry. We will also discuss potential solutions to current issues as well as policies to mitigate risk. Just understanding the issues involved with marijuana and hemp will help your Board make good decisions regarding this interesting and growing industry.
– Products of the cannabis plant and definitions
– Where are we with the Safe Banking Act?
– Understanding the current USDA regulations on hemp
– How to write your policy and procedures for marijuana, hemp, or both
– Making a decision is this new and uncertain industry