About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators and mortgage lenders doing business in Maryland. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation. This Maryland state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Maryland mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standards for obtaining a license
- Requirements related to employment and licensed locations
- Required conduct, including provisions of the law related to disclosures and borrower ability to repay
- Prohibited conduct for Maryland mortgage licensees
- Provisions of the Mortgage Fraud Protection Act
- Disciplinary consequences that can result from failure to comply with the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.