Get Your Alabama NMLS Mortgage License
Become an Alabama loan officer with the mortgage educator you can trust
Start your Alabama mortgage broker career with confidence with our NMLS-approved mortgage courses. Be prepared for the Alabama mortgage loan originator NMLS exam with our 20-hour Alabama SAFE course. This comprehensive course meets the SAFE Act mortgage pre-license education requirements for new mortgage loan officers.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- NMLS test prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 20 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Alabama mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Alabama, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass a National Test with a grade of 75% or higher.
- Must be covered by a surety bond in favor of the State of Alabama through the company that you are working for or individually obtain a surety bond.
- Cannot have been convicted of any felony in the last 7 years.
- Can never have been convicted of a felony that involved an act of fraud, dishonesty, breach of trust or money laundering.
Alabama NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 12 hours of electives
Alabama Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of electives
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Alabama Mortgage Licensing:
- State Banking Department of Alabama
- Phone: 334-242-3452
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.banking.alabama.gov