Arizona Insurance License Requirements
Learn about the Arizona insurance education needs and additional requirements for insurance licensing.
Individuals applying for the following insurance licenses must pass pre-license examinations:
- Arizona resident insurance producer (except for travel or baggage insurance producers and except for individuals relocating from another state to Arizona within 90 days of cancellation of the other state's license)
- Arizona resident surplus lines broker (except for Mexican insurance surplus lines broker)
- All bail bond agents (resident and nonresident)
- All adjusters (resident and nonresident)
Arizona Insurance Producer Fingerprint Requirement
You must provide fingerprints applied to an FBI fingerprint card if you have not already provided a fingerprint card to the Arizona Department of Insurance within the past the year and either:
- You are a resident of Arizona and do not already hold an insurance license; or
- You are applying for an adjuster license and you do not hold an adjuster license in your home state.
- If you are adding a line of authority to an existing Arizona insurance license, you are not required to submit fingerprints.
- Arizona Insurance Producer Fees
The following fees may apply to your insurance license application:
- Examination fee charged by Prometric
- Fingerprinting fee
- FBI fingerprint processing fee
- License fee
Arizona Insurance State Exam Information
Prometric, a national testing provider, will administer the insurance license examination. Before you can test, you must contact Prometric to:
- Register for your exam by providing your social security number and contact information
- If you choose, register for Prometric's fingerprinting services
- Pay the exam fee and, if applicable, the fingerprinting fee
- Schedule an appointment to take an examination
You can register and schedule your exam by visiting Prometric’s website or by calling 800-853-5448.
Arizona Insurance Licensing FAQs
- Where can I find information on the requirements to become licensed as an Insurance Agent in Arizona?OnCourse Learning is a valuable resource for licensing information. View the “Rules and Regulations” section of our website, or contact your state agency for more information.
- What do OnCourse Learning’s Arizona Insurance training programs include? OnCourse Learning’s online Arizona Insurance programs include printable lessons, multi-media reviews, interactive exercises, quizzes and comprehensive exams. All the tools you need to prepare for the state exam are included!
- Do I need to enroll in an exam prep course to prepare for my Arizona Insurance Agent licensing exam? OnCourse Learning’s Arizona Insurance programs include everything you need to pass your state licensing exam.
- Once I enroll, when can I start studying for my Arizona Insurance Agent license? Upon enrolling, you will have immediate access to your coursework. Simply log-in using your e-mail address and password and you can get started immediately. Best of all, you will have access to your course 24/7 and from any computer with an internet connection. You can work at home, at the office, wherever is the most convenient for you!
- What if I have questions once I enroll in the Arizona Insurance Agent program? OnCourse's attentive customer service staff and knowledgeable instructors are available to answer any questions you may have. We are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST at 1-800-299-2207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does OnCourse Learning offer a guarantee for its programs? If you’re not fully satisfied with your purchase, just let us know in writing at email@example.com within 7 days from the date of purchase and you’ll promptly receive a full refund, no questions asked. Of Course, no refunds for a completed course or exam prep products.
Arizona Insurance Licensing
For more information, please contact the Arizona Department of Insurance at: