Learn about the Arizona education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE)
- Arizona real estate salesperson license: 90 hours of in-classroom real estate salesperson pre-license education
- Arizona real estate broker license: 90 hours of in-classroom real estate salesperson pre-license education
- Final Exams: Your final course exam must be proctored for qualifying education
Arizona is a non-reciprocal state (see Substantive Policy Statement No. 2008.01). That means, even if you hold a real estate license in another state, your education requirements are the same as those of anyone else becoming a real estate agent in Arizona.
Arizona Continuing Education (CE) and Renewal Requirements:
- Renew their licenses every two years from the date their licenses are issued
- Arizona salespersons must take 24 hours of real estate CE, including:
- 3 hours of agency law
- 3 hours of contract law
- 3 hours of communication standards
- 3 hours of disclosure
- 3 hours of fair housing
- 3 hours of real estate legal issues
- 6 hours of general real estate classes