About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in California. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the California Department of Business Oversight. This California state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their California mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Important standards to qualify for and maintain a license in California
- Recordkeeping and reporting standards
- Requirements and limitations related to fees and charges
- Prohibited acts and practices for mortgage licensees
- The authority of the DBO and the Commissioner to take disciplinary action
- Penalties and other consequences of violations
- The basics of PACE programs and requirements for PACE solicitors
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.