About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in California. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the California Department of Business Oversight. This California state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their California mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Important standards to qualify for and maintain a license in California
- Recordkeeping and reporting standards
- Requirements and limitations related to fees and charges
- Prohibited acts and practices for mortgage licensees
- The authority of the DBO and the Commissioner to take disciplinary action
- Penalties and other consequences of violations
- The basics of PACE programs and requirements for PACE solicitors
How it Works This course is delivered in a face to face format in which the student and instructor will occupy and interact in the same physical location.
All materials for your NMLS-approved Live CE Courses will be handed to you on the scheduled day of class. Materials will include textbook(s), assessment(s), syllabi, Rules of Conduct (ROC) and a survey. At the beginning of class you will need to provide a valid photo ID during the time of registration in order to attend class. For all Live CE courses, you must be present and attentive for the full length of class. If you are unable to complete any section of the class, you will be required to reschedule. Any missed check-in will prevent you from receiving credit, and you will be required to reschedule. Before you are able to receive credit, you must also initial on the roster that you have read and understand the Rules of Conduct Document (ROC), which will be made available to you when you arrive to the class.