Learn about the Colorado insurance education requirements for insurance licensing.
Colorado Insurance Licensing FAQs:
What are the requirements to renew a Colorado insurance producer license?
- Colorado insurance licensees are required to complete a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education credits, including three hours of Ethics, to maintain their license.
- There are additional courses required if you sell or wish to sell annuities, flood insurance or long-term care products. All states require licensees who sell flood insurance to complete a one-time course that is at least three hours in length. Several states require courses to represent annuity products and long term care products.
- Please Note: Effective 1-1-2014 all producers with a Property or Personal Lines line of authority must complete 3 hours of Homeowner continuing education. OnCourse Learning currently offers the 3hr course "The Need for Homeowners Insurance" to meet this requirement. We recommend contacting the state at 1-800-930-3745 for more information.
Colorado Insurance Continuing Education FAQs:
- Are OnCourse Learning’s continuing education courses approved to satisfy my Colorado Insurance Producer continuing education requirements? Yes. OnCourse Learning’s Colorado Insurance continuing education courses are approved by the Colorado Division of Insurance to satisfy the education requirements to renew your Colorado Insurance license.
- Where can I find more information on the requirements to renew my Colorado insurance license? OnCourse Learning is a valuable resource for licensing information. View the “Rules and Regulations” section of our website, or contact your state agency for more information.
- How do OnCourse Learning’s Colorado Insurance continuing education courses work? OnCourse Learning’s approved Colorado Insurance continuing education courses are offered online for your convenience. Once enrolled, your Table of Contents will serve as your roadmap for completing the course. You will be given access to lesson material, multimedia reviews, quizzes and a final exam. To demonstrate course completion, you will need to read the lesson material, pass all quizzes and pass the final exam.
- Will I receive a certificate of completion immediately after completing the coursework? Yes. Upon completion of all course elements, you will immediately receive your certificate of completion. You may access your certificate of completion at any time by logging into your account.
- Once I enroll, when can I access my Colorado Insurance continuing education courses? Upon enrolling, you will have immediate access to your coursework. Simply log-in using your e-mail address and password and you can get started immediately. Best of all, you will have access to your course 24/7 and from any computer with an internet connection. You can work at home, at the office, wherever is the most convenient for you!
- What if I have questions once I enroll in the continuing education courses? OnCourse Learning’s attentive customer service staff and knowledgeable instructors are available to answer any questions you may have. We are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST at 1-800-299-2207.
Colorado Insurance Licensing:
For more information, please contact the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies at: