Learn about the Ohio insurance education requirements for insurance licensing.
Ohio Insurance Continuing Education FAQs:
- What are the requirements to renew an Ohio insurance producer license? All resident agents must complete 24 hours of continuing education, including a minimum of 3 hours of ethics. As a result of House Bill 300, effective January 1, 2011 insurance agents need to renew their license every two years, by the last date of their birth month. All agents who have a compliance period of December 31, 2011 must complete their CE and renew their license by the last of their birth month in 2012.
- Are there required courses if I want to sell or do sell annuities, long term care or flood insurance? Yes. There are additional courses required if you sell or wish to sell annuities, flood insurance or long-term care products. All states require licensees who sell flood insurance to complete a one-time course that is at least three hours in length. Several states require courses to represent annuity products and long-term care products.
- When must insurance continuing education be completed? As a result of House Bill 300, effective January 1, 2011 insurance agents need to renew their license every two years, by the last date of their birth month. All agents who have a compliance period of December 31, 2011 must complete their CE and renew their license by the last of their birth month in 2012.
- Are OnCourse Learning’s insurance continuing education courses approved to satisfy my Ohio Insurance Producer continuing education requirements? Yes. OnCourse Learning’s Ohio Insurance continuing education courses are approved to satisfy the education requirements to renew your Ohio Insurance license.
- How do OnCourse Learning’s Ohio Insurance continuing education courses work? OnCourse Learning’s approved Ohio Insurance continuing education courses are offered online for your convenience. Once enrolled, your Table of Contents will serve as your roadmap for completing the course. You will be given access to lesson material, multimedia reviews, quizzes and a final exam. To demonstrate course completion, you will need to read the lesson material, pass all quizzes and pass the final exam.
- Will I receive a certificate of completion immediately after completing the coursework? Yes. Upon completion of all course elements, you will immediately receive your certificate of completion. You may access your certificate of completion at any time by logging into your account.
- Once I enroll, when can I access my Ohio Insurance continuing education courses? Upon enrolling, you will have immediate access to your coursework. Simply log-in using your e-mail address and password and you can get started immediately. Best of all, you will have access to your course 24/7 and from any computer with an internet connection. You can work at home, at the office, wherever is the most convenient for you!
- What if I have questions once I enroll in the continuing education courses? OnCourse Learning’s attentive customer service staff and knowledgeable instructors are available to answer any questions you may have. We are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST at 1-800-299-2207.
Ohio Insurance Licensing: More Information
- For more information, please contact the Ohio Department of Insurance at:
- Ohio Department of Insurance
- 50 W. Town Street Third Floor - Suite 300 Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone: 1-614-644-2658
- Website: www.insurance.ohio.gov