About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in Colorado. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real decisions made by regulatory authorities overseeing mortgage business in Colorado. This Colorado state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Colorado mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- New requirements for expiration of pre-licensing education of mortgage loan originators
- Sufficient coverage requirement under an errors and omissions policy
- MLO licensees duty of good faith and fair dealing toward borrowers
- Colorado law updates related to protecting consumer personal information
- Prohibitions under the law indicating a lack of mortgage originator competency
- Disciplinary consequences for lack of competency
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.