District of Columbia Mortgage Late CE Online Courses
NMLS-approved online courses provide District of Columbia MLOs with required late continuing education
Our NMLS-approved District of Columbia mortgage Late CE course satisfies your ongoing requirements for mortgage loan originator licensure. District of Columbia Late CE is required if you did not take your continuing education on time. Take your Late CE today to make-up your District of Columbia MLO continuing education.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- Exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 50 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the District of Columbia mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of District of Columbia, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS that demonstrates financial responsibility.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass the National Component.
- Provide an executed copy of the required District of Columbia Clean Hands Certification form.
- Sponsorship by a District of Columbia mortgage lender, mortgage broker or mortgage dual authority licensee.
- Furnish fingerprints less than ninety (90) days old to the NMLS&R for the completion of a national criminal history background check once notified.
District of Columbia NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 9 hours of electives
- 3 hours of District of Columbia state-specific education
District of Columbia Continuing Education Requirements
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of District of Columbia state-specific education
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
District of Columbia Mortgage Licensing
- District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking Bureau
- Phone: 202-727-8000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: disb.dc.gov