What can I expect from a 20 Hour SAFE course?
The 20 hour SAFE is an online course that requires completing all of the readings, assignments, quizzes, and final exam within 7 or 14 days.
Online Instructor-led course formats
For online instructor-led 20 hour courses, the instructor is virtual and will be available throughout the entire session to provide assistance should you need it. The instructor also grades all assignments, provides feedback, and unlocks the final exam for the completion of the course.
The course starts at 12:00 PM Central Standard Time. You will have 24 hour access to this course up until the last day.
Once the date and start time for the session that you have signed up for has passed, you are able to login into the course at any time. You have either 7 or 14 days to complete the course material and the final exam to get credit for the course depending on which timeframe you selected. Your progress will be saved exactly where you exit out of the course.
- There are 5 modules and each module has an overall timer which is the minimum amount of active time required to be in that module. You will not be able to move forward to the next module until this time has elapsed.
- There is a deadline for all assignments in this course. That deadline is on the last day at 5:30PM CST. If this deadline is not met, you will need to start the course over.
- Instructors grade assignments on Monday - Saturday starting at 7:00AM CST and will be graded same day if they are submitted by 5:30PM CST. Saturday times may vary.
- The final deadline is at 10:00 PM CST. If the final exam is not passed by this time, you will need to start the course over again.
- There is no set time to log into the course each day; you just can’t access the course before the course start date.
- Each module:
- Has timers on each page
- Offers 24 hour access to each module once they open
- Has a recommended 5-6 hour time commitment per day
- Has 1 homework assignment per module (the instructor will correct and approve the homework once submitted)
- Once your minimum time has been met and all of your assignments have been graded, you can take your final exam and complete the course. Some people have found they can finish in as little as 3-days.
- Your course completion will be reported to the NMLS after the scheduled end date of the session you are registered for.
VIDEO: What to expect with a 20 hour SAFE course
VIDEO: How to start your 20 hour SAFE course