About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders, and brokers doing business in Florida. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Florida Office of Financial Regulation. This Florida state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Florida mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Authority of the Office of Financial Regulation
- Standards for obtaining and maintaining a mortgage license
- Required conduct as it relates to fees, charges, disclosures and reporting
- Recordkeeping requirements for Florida licensees
- Rules regarding mortgages and conveyances
- Understanding the Florida homestead exemption
- Prohibited practices and disciplinary consequences
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.