About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in Georgia. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Department of Banking and Finance. This Georgia state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Georgia mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standards related to use of unique identifiers and license display
- Required conduct for provisions of the law related to fees, recordkeeping and advertising
- High-cost loan requirements of the Georgia Fair Lending Act
- Prohibited conduct for Georgia licensees
- Requirements for examinations and investigations conducted by the Department
- Disciplinary actions resulting from violations of the law