About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators and mortgage loan originator companies doing business in Hawaii. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Division of Financial Institutions. This Hawaii state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Hawaii mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standards for maintaining a mortgage loan originator license
- Required licensee conduct, including provisions of the law related to reporting and advertising
- Prohibited practices for Hawaii mortgage licensees
- Provisions of the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Disciplinary actions for violations of the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.