About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in Idaho. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Department of Finance. This Idaho state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Idaho mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standard of conduct for licensees
- Idaho law requirements for providing disclosures and collecting fees
- Standards for advertising, recordkeeping and reporting practices
- Prohibited practices for Idaho licensees
- Provisions of the Idaho Consumer Protection Act
- Disciplinary actions that can result from non-compliance and law violation
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.