Pass Your Idaho NMLS Mortgage License Exam
Test prep tools to help you become an Idaho mortgage loan officer
Jump start your Idaho mortgage license test prep tools. Our exam prep suites provide all the study materials — from flashcards to personalized learning — you need to pass the NMLS mortgage exam and become a licensed Idaho mortgage loan officer.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- Exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 50 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Idaho mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Idaho, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass a National Test.
- Recovery Fund Payment.
- Sponsorship: Mortgage Loan Originators may not be sponsored by, or perform mortgage origination activities for more than one Idaho Mortgage Broker/Lender licensee simultaneously.
- Independent contractor mortgage loan processors and mortgage loan processors NOT engaged in loan origination activities may be sponsored by one or more Exempt Entity Registrants.
- Regulatory History: Applicant may not have had a mortgage loan originator license, or other mortgage related license, revoked in any governmental jurisdiction.
Idaho NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 10 hours of electives
- 2 hours of Idaho state-specific education
Idaho Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of Idaho state-specific education
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Idaho Mortgage Licensing:
- Idaho Department of Finance
- Phone: 208-332-8002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: finance.idaho.gov