Kansas NMLS-Approved Mortgage Continuing Education
Get started with your Kansas mortgage loan officer CE online course today
Our NMLS-approved Kansas mortgage loan originator (MLO) CE courses help you stay licensed and compliant. Our Kansas 8-hour mortgage SAFE comprehensive course is designed specifically for Kansas mortgage loan officers and is offered as an online, self-paced or audio course.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- NMLS test prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 20 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Kansas mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Kansas, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass a National Test.
- Surety Bond: Every Mortgage Loan Originator must be covered under a surety bond that reflects the dollar amount of loans originated on an annual basis. Satisfaction of this requirement can be met when licensed companies who sponsor mortgage loan originators provide evidence of a surety bond meeting Kansas requirements as part of their company license.
- Sponsorship: The pending license status of all Mortgage Loan Originators will be considered “inactive” until the licensed MLO is sponsored by a licensed company. Sponsorship requests are submitted by the company through NMLS. Mortgage Loan Originators may not be sponsored by or perform mortgage origination activities for more than one Kansas licensed company simultaneously and the conduct of mortgage business by the MLO is the responsibility of the Kansas licensed company.
Kansas NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 12 hours of electives
Kansas Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of electives
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Kansas Mortgage Licensing:
- Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner
- Phone: 785-296-1365
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.osbckansas.org