About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage companies, loan brokers and loan originators doing business in Kentucky. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions. This Kentucky state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Kentucky mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Kentucky Department of Financial Instutions authority, structure and responsibilities
- Important definitions under Kentucky's licensing law
- Licensing and renewal procedures
- Required conduct related to Kentucky law, including fiduciary duties, disclosures, supervision and unique identifiers
- Prohibited practices for Kentucky licensees
- Disciplinary actions and financial penalties for violations of state or federal law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.