About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in Massachusetts. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Massachusetts Division of Banks. This Massachusetts state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Massachusetts mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standards for compliance by licensees
- Required conduct, including limitations on fees and charges, advertising, disclosures and recordkeeping
- Provisions of the law related to high-cost mortgage lending
- Prohibited acts in mortgage loan transactions
- Requirements and prohibitions in reverse mortgage lending
- Disciplinary actions resulting from non-compliance or violation of the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.