About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators and mortgage loan companies doing business in New Mexico. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Financial Institutions Division. This New Mexico state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their New Mexico mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum standards for loan originators to maintain licensure
- Required conduct with potential borrowers and clients
- Standards for disclosures, recordkeeping, and reporting to the Division
- Prohibited conduct for mortgage loan originators in New Mexico
- Provisions of the law related to examinations and investigations
- Disciplinary consequences that may result from violation of the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.