About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in North Carolina. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Office of the Commissioner of Banks. This North Carolina state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their North Carolina mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Minimum requirements for conducting mortgage business
- Compliance requirements, including recordkeeping and reporting
- The duties imposed on mortgage brokers under the law
- Prohibited acts and practices for mortgage licensees
- Provisions of the Residential Mortgage Fraud Act
- Commissioner authority to conduct examinations and investigations and assess disciplinary action for non-compliance
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.