About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in Pennsylvania. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Department of Banking and Securities. This Pennsylvania state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Pennsylvania mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Requirements for obtaining and maintaining a mortgage license
- Standards for compliance, including advertising practices and limitations on charges
- Requirements for maintenance of records and reporting
- Prohibited conduct for mortgage licensees
- Procedures and requirements for investigations and examinations
- Disciplinary actions that may result from violation of the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.