About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in South Carolina. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real decisions made by regulatory authorities overseeing mortgage business in South Carolina. This South Carolina-BFI state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their South Carolina-BFI mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Important definitions related to mortgage business in South Carolina
- Requirements for mortgage lender, broker and loan originator license applicants in South Carolina
- Legislative changes impacting licensed office requirements for mortgage brokers
- Required conduct for mortgage licensees in South Carolina
- Disclosure requirements for mortgage loan transactions
- Provisions of the South Carolina Reverse Mortgage Act