About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, lenders and brokers doing business in South Carolina. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real decisions made by regulatory authorities overseeing mortgage business in South Carolina. This South Carolina-DCA state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their South Carolina-DCA mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Important definitions related to mortgage business in South Carolina
- Requirements for mortgage lender, broker and loan originator license applicants in South Carolina
- Legislative changes impacting licensed office requirements for mortgage brokers
- Required conduct for mortgage licensees in South Carolina
- Disclosure requirements for mortgage loan transactions
- Provisions of the South Carolina Reverse Mortgage Act
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.