About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators doing business in Utah. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real decisions made by regulatory authorities overseeing mortgage business in Utah. This Utah-DRE state elective is NMLS-approved for the two hours of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Utah-DRE mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Requirements to qualify for and maintain licensure in Utah
- Recent changes to the Administrative Code, including an update to experience equivalency points for lending manager license applicants
- Advertising prohibitions and requirements under Utah law
- Provisions of the law related to recordkeeping and recording
- Prohibited conduct for mortgage licensees according to state law
- Examples of regulatory actions taken by the Division for licensed applicants that were non-compliant with the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.