Utah - DRE NMLS-Approved Mortgage Continuing Education
Get started with your Utah - DRE mortgage loan officer CE online course today
Our NMLS-approved Utah - DRE mortgage loan originator (MLO) CE courses help you stay licensed and compliant. Our Utah 8-hour mortgage SAFE comprehensive course is designed specifically for Utah mortgage loan officers and is offered as an online, self-paced or audio course.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- Exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 50 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Utah (DRE) mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Utah (DRE), mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass the National Components.
Utah (DRE) NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education, plus 15-hour Utah-approved training. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 12 hours of electives
Utah (DRE) Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 10 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of electives
- 2 hours Utah-specific law
NOTE: MLOs licensed by UT-DRE between Jan 1 – Dec 31 are required to complete a ONE TIME 5hr post-licensure in the preceding 12 months. This is in addition to the 10 hours of annual CE already required for MLOs (8hrs + 2hrs of UT-specific). This ONE TIME 5hr course is required to be completed by October 31.
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Utah (DRE) Mortgage Licensing:
- Utah Division of Real Estate
- Phone: 801-530-6747
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: realestate.utah.gov