About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators and brokers doing business in Washington. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the Washington Department of Financial Institutions. This Washington state elective is NMLS-approved for the one hour of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their Washington mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- The role and authority of the Department of Financial Institutions
- Washington mortgage professional requirements for obtaining and maintaining a license
- Requirements and restrictions on fees and charges, and advertising practices
- Disclosures and agreements for mortgage loan transactions
- Prohibited acts and practices to avoid while engaging in mortgage business
- Disciplinary actions that may result from violations or compliance failures
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.