Pass Your Washington NMLS Mortgage License Exam
Test prep tools to help you become a Washington mortgage loan officer
Jump start your Washington mortgage license test prep tools. Our exam prep suites provide all the study materials — from flashcards to personalized learning — you need to pass the NMLS mortgage exam and become a licensed Washington mortgage loan officer.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- NMLS test prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 20 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Washington mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Washington, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass a National Test.
- Apply for the MLO License: Complete and submit your MU4 through the NMLS, including paying the license fee.
- Sponsorship: Contact your employer to submit a sponsorship request in NMLS for your license application.
- Fingerprinting: After applying for the MLO license, schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken by a NMLS-authorized fingerprint vendor. DFI cannot begin processing your MLO application until criminal background check results have been reported in the NMLS.
- After applying for the MLO license, fax or email the MLO New Application checklist to DFI at (360) 664-2258 or DCS@dfi.wa.gov.
Washington NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 22 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 10 hours of electives
- 4 hours of Washington state-specific education
Washington Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 9 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of electives
- 1 hour of Washington state-specific education
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Washington Mortgage Licensing:
- Washington Department of Financial Institutions Division of Consumer Services
- Phone: 360-902-8703
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.dfi.wa.gov