About This Course State mortgage regulations are constantly evolving and keeping up with these changes can prove challenging. This course will focus on the laws and rules that regulate mortgage loan originators, mortgage lenders, and brokers doing business in West Virginia. Students taking this course will focus on a variety of topics, including a review of fictionalized scenarios based on real regulatory decisions made by the West Virginia Division of Financial Institutions. This West Virginia state elective is NMLS-approved for the two hours of state specific education required for mortgage loan originators to renew their West Virginia mortgage license.
What You'll Learn
- Overview of the department overseeing West Virginia mortgage licensees
- Rules related to permissible and prohibited fees and charges
- Topics of required MLO conduct, including unique identifiers, license renewal, ability to repay and net tangible benefit
- Recordkeeping requirements for licensees
- Provisions of the West Virginia Good Funds Settlement Act
- Prohibited conduct under the West Virginia SAFE Act
- Coverage of disciplinary actions taken against any person violating the law
How it Works This is an online self-paced course that allows you to study the course material independently and at your convenience. Access to a computer with internet access is required. Please note this course is only supported for laptop or desktop computers, as NMLS requirements prohibit the consumption of licensing training on mobile devices, such as cell phones or tablets.