July 27, 2017
Increased mobile optimization, user-friendly functions make site easier to navigate
BROOKFIELD, Wis. — To meet the demands of a tech-savvy audience, Nurse.com by OnCourse Learning has launched a redesigned website for nurses. The new site allows users to expand their knowledge via continuing education courses, stay current on the latest news and search thousands of job opportunities.
“Nurses work every day in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment,” said Patrick Sheahan, president and CEO of OnCourse Learning. “They are no strangers to tools that make them more efficient and improve patient outcomes. The new Nurse.com offers a more user-friendly way for nurses to learn, grow and engage.”
According to a survey by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, 69% of healthcare professionals use mobile technology to view patient information, while 49% use it to take part in continuing education activities.
From communication to online toolkits to app development, nurses have embraced mobile technology and its impact on patient care.
Nurse.com offers lifelong learners an opportunity to explore hundreds of CE courses in numerous specialties and read the latest industry news. Job seekers can peruse thousands of employment opportunities, which are searchable by location and specialty.
Additional benefits of the new site include the following:
- Mobile optimization: Users can now make purchases and navigate the site more quickly from a mobile device.
- Fresh look: The new user-friendly design provides a more enjoyable experience for visitors.
- One-page checkout: This process offers users a speedier shopping experience and an easy-to-read cart.
- Improved searches: This enhanced feature makes finding the right course, article or job posting faster and more efficient.
- Revised news section: The news page offers more information about the most popular topics and articles with the highest reader engagement, along with sharing Nurse.com’s social media feeds.
- Updated course pages: Continuing education course pages have multiple new functions that make the pages easier to use.
Nurse.com is the largest digital magazine dedicated to registered nurses, providing news, employment opportunities, and continuing education programming through the publication and its complementary products including website, blogs, e-books and social media outlets. To learn more, visit Nurse.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For media inquiries, contact:
Barry Bottino, Communications Director
About OnCourse Learning
OnCourse Learning delivers licensure, regulatory and compliance education solutions throughout the nation’s leading industries including financial services, healthcare and real estate. Through trusted industry expertise, compliance management and technology solutions, OnCourse Learning focuses on advancing the e-learning environment for individuals and businesses to help to build new careers, empower employees through knowledge and identify efficiencies in corporate training management. OnCourse Learning offers a full suite of educational products including state and federally approved prelicensing and continuing education programs, accredited course content, exam prep tools, publications, e-books, events and a sophisticated and customizable learning management system and course-authoring tool. To learn more, visit OnCourseLearning.com.