Real Estate Appraisal Classes
Often referred to as the eyes and ears of lenders, real estate appraisers determine the value of property before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured or developed. Without an appraiser, true property value will be unknown, impacting all parties involved in a transaction. Simply put, appraisers play a critical role in the real estate market. Select you state to start your journey to become a home appraisor.
Browse Real Estate Courses by State
Appraisal Education Requirements
To become a licensed residential appraiser you must meet the following appraisal licensing basic requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Complete at least 200 hours of Appraiser Qualifications Board-approved coursework
- Fulfill at least 1,500 hours of experience working as an appraiser or appraisal trainee (under the supervision of a licensed real estate appraiser) in no less than 12 months
- Pass the Residential Real Property appraisal licensing exam
- Submit your application to obtain your appraiser license
The path to success and earning your home appraisal license begins with knowledge. OnCourse Learning offers appraisal pre-license packages that contain everything you need to jumpstart your real estate career as a certified residential appraiser, including all state mandated licensing classes.
Find Your State Requirements
Learning on Your Terms
Fast-track your real estate appraisal career with an appraisal course package that contains multiple individual courses. Our most popular package contains the following courses, for one low price:
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- 15-Hour Equivalent USPAP Course
All individual real estate appraisal courses are state-approved and conveniently available anytime, anywhere so you can choose what’s right for you as you attain your appraisal license. And because our online courses are self-paced, you can complete them on your own time and terms in a manner that best fits your schedule.
Browse Course Categories
Your Success is our Priority
A career as a real estate licensed appraiser can be financially rewarding and fulfilling. Success in the real estate industry depends on quality education and mentorship, and OnCourse Learning will be here to guide you every step of the way.