Upgrade Your Appraisal License | Online Classes
When you’re ready to boost your career and income, consider upgrading from a licensed residential appraiser to a certified residential appraiser. A real estate appraisal career allows you to advance your license status and enhance your skills and expertise as you climb the ladder of success.
Browse Real Estate Courses by State
Upgrade Your Career
When you upgrade your real estate career to a licensed residential appraiser, you will gain responsibilities that are vital to the real estate industry. These include:
- Inspecting both new and existing residential properties
- Verifying that the legal descriptions of real estate properties are correct in public records
- Taking photos of the interior and exterior of the property
- Documenting the unique, special aspects of a property
- Locating similar properties in the area to use as a comparison to accurately determine the property value
- Compiling reports and data on the property's real estate value
Meet your upgrade requirements by completing the following steps:
- Achieve 200 hours of qualifying education. See list of state-approved courses.
- Hold college-level education or requisite experience. You may choose from six options.
- Obtain 1,500 hours of experience in no fewer than 12 months.
- Contact your state association to register for the upgrade exam.
Tailoring Your Experience
OnCourse Learning provides online, self-paced training in an easy, step-by-step process for upgrading your home appraisal license as your career progresses. A variety of formats allow you to tailor the learning experience to the style that best meets your needs.
Choose from a variety of appraisal training topics, including report writing, market analysis, site valuation and many more. Our state-specific licensing classes meet all appraisal licensing requirements and are recognized and approved by the Appraiser Qualifications Board, state appraisal boards, and numerous other professional organizations.
Browse Appraisal Course Categories
Your Success is our Priority
OnCourse Learning makes continuing education for real estate appraisers convenient with 24/7 access to a large library of online courses that will help you maintain licensure and expand your real estate career. Our home appraiser professional development will help you become a real estate appraiser who has the knowledge and power to play a valuable role in the real estate industry.