Arkansas Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Arkansas education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Arkansas Real Estate Commission
Arkansas Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Arkansas real estate salesperson license: 60 classroom hours of real estate education (of which 30 classroom hours must be in basic principles of real estate) from an accredited post-secondary school or a school or organization licensed by the Arkansas Real Estate Commission (ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1)
- Arkansas real estate broker license: 60 hours of real estate education (of which 45 hours must be the Commission-developed broker pre-license education course) from an accredited post-secondary school or a school or organization licensed by the Arkansas Real Estate Commission within 36 months immediately preceding the date of applying to take the broker's exam (ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1)
- The Arkansas Real Estate Commission’s (AREC) requires 18 classroom hours of post-license real estate courses for a new salesperson. These must be taken within 12 months after the date the individual was initially licensed. For example, after paying the license fee(s) in March of this year, a licensee should complete his or her post-license real estate classes by the end of March the following year. A new broker must complete the 30-classroom-hour AREC post-license course within 12 months after the date the individual was initially licensed. (A.C.A. §17-42-307(d)(2), §17-42-303(c)(1), (2), Commission Regulation 11.5)
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
AREC has entered into reciprocal agreements with the following states: Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Louisana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Washington and West Virginia.
Arkansas Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
In order to renew your real estate license in Arkansas, real estate CE classes need to be completed by December 31st every year. The required 7 hours of continuing education classes must include:
- 1 hour of agent safety–related topics
- 3-hour Real Estate Forms and Contracts course for the corresponding Salesperson or Broker license level
- Licenses need to be renewed by September 30