Become a Connecticut Home Inspector
Get started on your Connecticut home inspection career today with AHIT
Learn about the home inspection courses and qualifications needed for certification and renewal in Connecticut.
Requirements to Become a Connecticut Home Inspector:
- Exam required
- Connecticut home inspection education hours: 40 hours
- Home Inspections: 100, with first 10 being directly supervised
- Application Fee: $290
- Insurance Requirements: E/O insurance equal to or greater than $50,000 and liability insurance equal to or greater than $250,000
- Notarized application is required. Background is not required, but need to disclose. Fingerprints are not required. No minimum age requirement.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30, every two years (odd)
Home Inspection Continuing Education Requirements: 20 hours every two years