Become a Delaware Home Inspector
Get started on your Delaware home inspection career today with AHIT
Learn about the home inspection courses and qualifications needed for certification and renewal in Delaware.
Requirements to Become a Delaware Home Inspector:
- Delaware home inspection education hours: 140 hours
- Inspections: 75 under “active oversight”
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Insurance Requirements: E/O insurance equal to or greater than $50, 000 and liability insurance equal to or greater than $250,000
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Notarized application and background check are required. Fingerprints are not required. No minimum age requirement.
- Application Fee: $150 for trainee (other fees may apply)
Home Inspection License Expiration: 8/31 every two years (odd)
Home Inspection Continuing Education Requirements: 40 hours every two years by 8/31