Indiana Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Indiana education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Indiana Professional Licensing Agency - Real Estate Commission
Indiana Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Indiana real estate salesperson license in the state of Indiana: N/A
- Indiana real estate broker license in the state of Indiana: 90 hours of real estate pre-license coursework
- Final exams: Your final course exam must be proctored
Indiana State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. Indiana has a reciprocal relationship with Illinois.
Indiana Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Indiana must renew their real estate licenses every three years by June 30
- Real estate CE classes, however, must be completed every year by June 30
- To renew an Indiana real estate broker license, 12 hours of elective continuing education classes are required each year, between July 1 and June 30 of the following year