Louisiana Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Louisiana education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Louisiana Real Estate Commission (LREC)
Louisiana Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Louisiana real estate salesperson license: 90 hours
- Louisiana real estate broker license in the state of Louisiana: 150 class hours (or equivalent)
- Louisiana requries an additional 45 hours of post-license education for real estate agents
Louisiana State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Louisiana, however, does not have any such reciprocal relationships with other states.
Louisiana Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Louisiana need to renew their licenses by December 31 annually
- Licensees must take 12 hours of real estate CE classes, including 8 hours of electives and the 4-hour core course on a specific topic updated annually
- In 2017, the mandatory salesperson course topic (that must be taken by both salespersons and brokers) is insurance awareness and contract timelines