Become a Mississippi Home Inspector
Get started on your Mississippi home inspection career today with AHIT
Learn about the Mississippi home inspection courses and qualifications needed for certification and renewal.
Mississippi Requirements to Become a Home Inspector:
- Application through the Mississippi Real Estate Commission Home Inspector Division
- Mississippi home inspection education hours: 60 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $175
- Insurance Requirements: Carry $250,000 per occurrence in General Liability Insurance and $250,000 per occurrence in Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Notarized application is required. Background check and fingerprints are not required.
- Minimum age requirement: 21
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
Mississippi Home Inspection License Expiration:
- Every two years
Mississippi Home Inspection Continuing Education Requirements:
- 20 hours of continuing education is needed every two years, based upon license issuance for renewal