Become a New Hampshire Home Inspector
Get started on your New Hampshire home inspection career today with AHIT
Learn about the New Hampshire home inspection courses and qualifications needed for certification and renewal.
Requirements to Become a New Hampshire Home Inspector:
The New Hampshire Office of Professional Licensure and Certification Board of Home Inspectors establishes the New Hampshire Home Inspector Licensure Requirements.
- New Hampshire home inspection education hours: 80 hours
- Exam Required: NHIE
- Application Fee: $200
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Insurance Requirements: Yes, liability, but no amount specified
- Notarized application and fingerprints are not required
- Background check is required
Home Inspection License Expiration: Biennially on last day of the licensee's month of birth.
Home Inspection Continuing Education Requirements: 20 hours of continuing education is needed during the biennial licensing period.
- 1 hour must be in recent revisions to building regulations
- All courses pertaining to building technologies, best and worst construction practices, new construction technologies and system installation practices will qualify as the one hour of continuing education required for recent revisions to building regulations