How to become a Real Estate Agent in Oregon
How-To Licensing Guide
Kick off your new career in real estate; Begin
your pre-licensing education with OnCourse Learning today.
The real estate industry is made for passionate people with an interest in real estate and an
entrepreneurial spirit. Follow these easy steps, and get ready for a fulfilling, lucrative career.
Meet Oregon’s general licensing requirements
To obtain a real estate license from the Oregon Real Estate Agency, you must fulfill specific general requirements, including:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or international equivalent
Complete your Oregon real estate pre-licensing education
All real estate brokers are required to take 150 hours of Oregon Real Estate Agency-approved real estate education prior to receiving their license.
Seven required courses make up the 150 hours: 30 hours of Real Estate Law, 30 hours of Real Estate Finance, 30 hours of Oregon Real Estate Practices, 15 hours of Contracts, 15 hours of Agency, 20 hours of Real Estate Brokerage, and 10 hours of Property Management.
Choose from one of the courses or packages below, and start a pre-licensing process tailored to your exact needs:
- Package: Oregon Real Estate Pre-licensing Silver Solution
- Oregon 150-hour Broker Pre-license Course
- Support from industry experts
- Package: Oregon Real Estate Pre-Licensing Gold Solution
- Includes all Silver Solution products, plus:
- Prep xL: The study tool that adapts to your learning style
- Complimentary real estate blog subscription - staying up-to-date is half the battle!
- Pass The First Time Guarantee: With Prep xL, you have our word you’ll pass your exam on the very first try.
- Package: Oregon Real Estate Pre-Licensing Platinum Solution (recommended)
- Oregon Real Estate Pre-license Textbooks
Pass the course pre-licensing exam
After your coursework is completed, you need to pass the initial exam. This is different than the final real estate exam; it proves you passed your class, and are ready for the next stage in real estate licensing.
- 100-question exam
- Must be taken in the presence of a proctor
- Required passing score of 75%
Select a Sponsoring Broker
To activate your license, you need to be sponsored by a licensed TN real estate broker.
- Choose and contact a sponsoring broker
- Apply to your broker with the Sponsoring Broker Statement Application (click here to download)
- Hand-submit your completed form to your AMP test center (Don’t mail it!)
Submit a verified background check
While completing an Oregon broker license application, you will answer questions that start the background check process. You must be honest in answering the questions. Always err on the side of giving more information.
Your fingerprints will be taken digitally at a PSI testing center if you pass the license exam. The fingerprints are processed through the Oregon State Police (OSP) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). You will pay a fee directly to PSI to have your fingerprints taken and processed (contact PSI for the current fee).
Pass the Oregon real estate license exam
Once you’re ready, you need to register for (and pass) the official Oregon Department of State exam.
- Register for the exam with PSI, who administers the test on behalf of Oregon Real Estate Agency.
- Pay the examination fee.
- $75 examination fee
- Take the exam
- 130 questions
- Two portions: national (80 questions) and state-specific (50 questions)
- Pass with at least a 75% score
- Apply for your license within one calendar year of your exam date (details on Oregon Real Estate Agency website)
Oregon real estate continuing education
TThe Oregon real estate industry changes quickly. To stay on top of it, Oregon real estate brokers are required to complete 30 hours of real estate CE classes, including the 3-hour legal course.
OnCourse Learning’s OR-approved real estate CE course list offers an array of classes and packages designed to enhance your skill-set, cater to specific interests and fulfill Oregon Real Estate Agency requirements.
- 750,000+ real estate student alumni across the country
- Track record of high pass rates
- Thousands of online courses nationally
- 40+ years of experience educating real estate students
- Courses written by experienced, subject matter experts