Pennsylvania Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Pennsylvania education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Pennsylvania Department of State - Real Estate Commission
Pennsylvania Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Pennsylvania real estate salesperson license: 75 hours
- Pennsylvania real estate broker license: 240 Hours
- Final exams: Your final course exam must be proctored for qualifying education
Pennsylvania State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Pennsylvania has reciprocity with Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and West Virginia.
Pennsylvania Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Pennsylvania must renew their real estate licenses by May 31 of even-numbered years
- Licensees must take14 hours of real estate CE including 3 hours of core coursework
- During the first two-year period that continuing education is required, a new licensee shall complete the Commission-developed 14-hour required courses - a new salesperson licensee must complete the 7-hour General Module and either the 7-hour Residential Module or Commercial Module before they can renew their license the first time