Become a South Carolina Home Inspector
Get started on your South Carolina home inspection career today with AHIT
Learn about the home inspection courses and qualifications needed for certification and renewal in South Carolina.
Requirements to Become a South Carolina Home Inspector:
The South Carolina Residential Builders Commission establishes the South Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Requirements.
- South Carolina home inspection education hours: no specified hours, but course must be approved by the state
- Exam Required: NHIE OR South Carolina specific exam
- Application Fee: $80
- Notarized application is required. Background check: only with certain arrests/convictions. Fingerprints are not required.
- Social Security card and Divers License are required
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Previous Experience: if applying without examination
- Minimum age: 18
Home Inspection License Expiration: June 30 every two years, even years
Home Inspection Continuing Education Requirements: There are currently no continuing education requirements.