Tennessee Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Tennessee education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: TN Department of Commerce and Insurance - Tennessee Real Estate Commission
Tennessee Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Tennessee real estate affiliate broker license: 60 hours
- Tennesseereal estate broker license: 120 hours (30 hours of which must be an office/broker management course)
- Brokers licensed after January 1, 2001 must complete 120 additional hours of Commission-approved post-license education before the third anniversary of their broker license
Tennessee State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state. Nonresident applicants must:
- Pass the Tennessee (state law) portion of the examination for the same type of license you have in your resident state
- Download a worksheet which will assist you in determining your requirements for seeking a Tennessee real estate license
- Send TREC this completed worksheet and a "Certified License History" from all the states where you hold or have held a real estate license to TREC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
TREC will review requests and notify applicants of their examination requirements.
Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Tennessee must renew their real estate licenses every two years from the date of licensure
- Licensees need to complete 16 hours of real estate CE classes
- This includes 6 hours of core courses, which changes each renewal cycle