Washington Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Washington education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Washington State Department of Licensing - Real Estate Commission
Washington Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Washington real estate broker license: 90 hours (a 60-hour real estate fundamentals course and a 30-hour real estate practices course)
- Washington real estate managing broker license: 90 hours (a 30-hour brokerage management course, a 30-hour business management course and a 30-hour advanced real estate law course)
Washington State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Washington, however, does not have any reciprocity agreements with any other states.
Washington Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Washington need to renew their real estate licenses every two years from the date of licensure
- By this date, licensees must complete 30 hours of real estate CE classes. Of these, 3 hours must be the core coursework
- A minimum of 15 hours must be completed within 24 months of the renewal date
- Licensees may also submit up to 15 hours of unused continuing education that was completed within 48 months of the renewal date