Do you have the determination to practice some of the habits of successful mortgage loan originators? Are you making a presence in the market or at networking events? Successful MLOs maintain habits for consistent growth and production in their day-to-day activities. Check out these 5 habits of effective mortgage loan officers and mortgage brokers below!
5 Habits of Effective Mortgage Loan Officers:
- Goal Setting and Focus: Set long-term goals that can be broken down into attainable micro goals. Effective Mortgage Loan Originators are driven to accomplish their goals. They use their time efficiently to maintain productivity, stay focused and hit their targets.
- Borrower-First Mentality: When helping families, always operate as a trustworthy mortgage professional with a high degree of business ethics and best practices. Focus on building great relationships with your clients every day – and create value for your borrowers in every transaction. Be the solution expert and remain compliant in your licensure by fulfilling your annual mortgage continuing education.
- Marketing Presence: Ensure advertising and marketing is part of your overall business plan. Making a presence on marketing channels, such as social media, can aid with prospecting efforts, professional networking, and obtaining referrals. *As mentioned by National Mortgage News, Top Producers are approaching the purchase market by crafting distinct marketing strategies for four categories of homebuyers – move-up, first-time, move-down and refinance borrowers.
- Networking: Effective mortgage loan originators know how to network often and grow relationships with others in the industry, such as real estate professionals. Even after a borrower has been serviced with a loan, it is wise to stay in touch. You never know where your next referral could come from based on who you know!
- Continuous Learning: Exercise the discipline to set aside time for continuous learning and improvement. With an industry that is constantly changing, whether it be laws, emerging technologies, or economic conditions – you’ll want to stay in the know. Reading industry news sites such Mortgage News Daily and Mortgage Bankers Association are great starting points. Take it a step further and explore Mortgage HQ, an affordable, all-in-one training solution that provides access to a comprehensive and ever-evolving library of sales, compliance and professional development courses that can be accessed and completed anytime – all under one roof. Learn More about Mortgage HQ.
For more industry tips, check out the MLO Spotlight Story ft: David Youngs.
The Mortgage Profession
Professional Development – eLearning Series
Mortgage Loan Processing 101
Loan Originator Compensation
The Mortgage Loan Cycle
Career Insights Center
Social Media Risk Management
Advertising Compliance Check-Up for Financial Institutions
Leave A Comment