Active shooting incidents are unfortunately becoming more common in the United States, with the FBI reporting 50 total shootings in 2016 and 2017 alone. These events have also proven that they can take place at any time and at any location.
The tragic active shooter event from the Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas in October 2017 and the murder of the executive director of the Barona Tribal Gaming Commission in San Diego in December 2009 emphasize the need for gaming industry professionals to prepare for the unlikely as though it were inevitable. Implementing active shooter preparedness training is critical to keeping employees, customers and the public safe.
Join a panel of industry experts to learn what casino management and gaming regulators need to know to prepare for and address an active shooter situation. Walk away with a complete understanding of active shooting scenarios and tips to develop a critical incident response plan for your casino.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify the characteristics of active shooter situations
- Develop the mindset of action and survival during active shooter incidents
- Prepare for critical incidents by creating an emergency action plan specific for casinos
- Take appropriate actions in the event of an active shooter scenario
- Interact with law enforcement and first responders