The world has gone remote. Working from home has become the new normal. Hosting classes, trainings, and meetings online is now a requirement for most organizations. Has your company adapted to remote management, or is it struggling to find that hybrid program?
We know working from home has its ups and downs. This is a major factor in why virtual learning is quickly becoming a top option for classes and training. It allows people from anywhere to communicate, interact, and learn with each other. This helps training to reach more students. Another advantage is that it is more cost-effective than traditional classes.
Features of Virtual Training
Different platforms have different features. They generally all include the following options:
- Screen Sharing – Anyone in attendance is able to share their computer screen with the class. This allows everyone to see files, internet browsers, or even create an interactive whiteboard.
- Break into Small Groups – This feature allows the students to break down into small groups. The instructor is able to drop into any of the groups and then bring everyone back together.
- Recording – Make a recording of the interaction for those that were not able to attend. Students are also able to go back to sections they need to watch again.
- Record-keeping – Tracking software enables records to be kept for items like assigning, time, and attendance.
Virtual Training Platforms
There are many providers using different platforms capable of hosting virtual classes. TechFunnel ranks the top 5 apps as:
- Zoom meeting – Hold virtual meetings, conduct training seminars and webinars, and share messages and documents with the chat tool.
- GoToMeeting – Messaging between team members, dialogue transcriptions for video, and may conduct or participate using a smartphone.
- Skype – An easy-to-use app that allows you to connect with a single person or a group of people.
- Slack – Helps connect team members with each other through messaging tools, adjustable notifications, and is streamlined with a multitude of office features.
- Google Hangouts – Make phone calls, use instant messaging that connects with up to 10 people, and video conferencing.
6 Tips for Hosting Online Classes
The Harvard Business Review reports that 65% of people surveyed admitted to doing other work while on business conference calls so training must be engaging. Students will be more engaged, and therefore retain more, if your class is ran well, entertaining, and meets expectations.
- Share instruction and links on access to the class at least the day before
- Send out a reminder the morning of the event
- Start and end on time
- Communicate expected behavior
- Be inclusive
- Encourage participation through the raised hand and chat features
Virtual training is a great addition to every training program. It helps you teach your students, has a better retention rate, and allows for communication with remote employees.
OnCourse Learning now integrates with Zoom and GoToWebinar to make virtual training even better. When you use one training platform, not only is a trainer’s job easier, but your student benefits from a simplified experience. Contact a dedicated account representative for a more efficient training program today!