Given the increase in popularity of webinars, we would like to share a few important reminders to ensure students receive credit for the webinars they take. To receive full credit for a webinar, students must adhere to the following NMLS-compliant webinar policies related to identity verification and attendance.
How Are Students Notified About NMLS Webinar Policies?
- Upon enrollment, student will receive an enrollment confirmation email with course date and time details as well as login information to the OnCourse Learning Student Portal.
- Five (5) days prior to class start date, students receive the Webinar Attendance and Rescheduling Policies email, which includes policies related to attendance, rescheduling fees and Rules of Conduct.
- Three (3) days prior to the scheduled webinar, students receive a reminder email with important details about logging into the webinar on the day of class.
- One (1) day prior to the scheduled webinar, students receive a final reminder about the details for logging into the webinar on the day of class.
Rules of Conduct (ROC) Policy
NMLS Rules of Conduct (ROC) have been established by the NMLS to ensure education is delivered and completed with integrity by both instructors and students. The ROC will be available for review and a required signature from the student upon first logging into the course from the Student Portal. Any student who does not sign the ROC document prior to scheduled class start time will not be granted access into the webinar and will need to reschedule.
Webinar Attendance Policy
The NMLS requires all student to be visible on webcam when in a webinar. A student will only be given credit for a live class or webinar only if he or she was in full attendance and complied with all identity verification requirements. To verify attendance, students are required to display government-issued IDs via webcam and remain on webcam throughout a webinar. If a student is absent from the live class or webinar, no credit will be given. If a student misses any portion of a live class or webinar, no credit will be given, and student must make up the entire course in another live class or webinar offering. OnCourse Learning will record any time missed. OnCourse Learning will include a note on the sign-in sheet in the event a student is not in attendance, departs early, or is late.
Webinar Rescheduling Policy
Webinar change requests will be honored, at no cost, for any student who informs an OnCourse Learning account representative three (3) or more business days prior to the start date of the webinar. Rescheduled dates cannot be guaranteed and will be based on availability.
- A $50 rescheduling fee will be charged to any student who changes a Federal continuing education (CE) or pre-license (PE) webinar date, less than three (3) business days prior to the start date.
- A $25 rescheduling fee will be charged to any student who changes a State Law CE or PE webinar dateless than three (3) business days prior to the start date.
Webinar Refund Policy
Refund requests must be received via e-mail or phone to OnCourse Learning a minimum of three (3) business days prior to the course start date. No refunds will be issued less than three (3) business days prior to the start date. Students taking NMLS-approved Pre-License and Continuing Education courses may receive a credit equal to 100% of the original purchase to use toward the purchase of a future course. No refunds or credits will be issued after one year from the date of purchase. All credits must be used within 12 months of issue.
Note: A $25 processing fee will be charged to anyone who signs up for a live or webinar course within 48 hours of the start of the class.