Pass Your Rhode Island NMLS Mortgage License Exam
Test prep tools to help you become a Rhode Island mortgage loan officer
Jump start your Rhode Island mortgage license test prep tools. Our exam prep suites provide all the study materials — from flashcards to personalized learning — you need to pass the NMLS mortgage exam and become a licensed Rhode Island mortgage loan officer.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education, and late CE courses, plus exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam. With over 50 years of experience, we are proud to offer the ultimate learning experience no matter where you are at in your mortgage education journey.
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the Rhode Island mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of Rhode Island, mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass a National Test.
- Positive net worth.
Rhode Island NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 9 hours of electives
- 3 hours of Rhode Island state-specific education
Rhode Island Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of Rhode Island state-specific education
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
Rhode Island Mortgage Licensing:
- State of Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation
- Phone: 401-462-9503
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.dbr.ri.gov
- Rhode Island MLO License Description Page
- Professional Standards: Mortgage Education
- Professional Standards: Criminal Background Check
- Professional Standards: Credit Report
- Professional Standards: MLO Testing